Categories act as containers for learning content items and enable admins to target learning content to specific users. Once a learning item has been created, you can add categories to your learning item.
• Only admins have permission to create categories.
• When a category is assigned to a group, all the learning items associated with that category will be visible to group members in the Learning Library.
• If a user is individually assigned to a categorized learning item but the user is not in a group assigned to that category, the user will see the learning item in the All Others category of the Learning Library.
Open Learning Content
Click the Courses , Programs , Live Trainings , or Checkpoints link .
In the learning item details page, click the More Settings link.
If a category has already been created, the category will appear in the drop-down list as you type. Click the name of the category you would like to add to the learning item.
Note: Categories cannot be created in the learning item details page.
The assigned category will display in the Categories section.
- If a learning item is assigned to more than one category, the learning item will appear in both categories in the Learning Library.
- To ensure a learning item will appear within a category in a learner's Learning Library, add a group to the category.
To remove a category, click the Remove icon next to the category name.