The Bridge Academy for Managers is a free webinar series designed to share employee development and people management best practices with supervisors while simultaneously highlighting features within Bridge. These webinars are hosted live every two weeks, are open to all Bridge users.
We encourage you to follow along in your own Bridge site during these trainings. Before joining in, check the following:
- Watch the five minute Bridge Overview for Managers video HERE
- Log in to Bridge to ensure access is permitted
- Confirm that the “My Team” avatar shows in the application switcher (this ensures that a manager relationship is set).*
*If you are a manager and do not see this, please contact your Bridge Admin.
SCHEDULE & AGENDAS:
Check back on this blog regularly to see updated dates for next sessions!
The New Era of Performance Conversations
- July 9th (60 min): 8:00 MT (9:00 CT/ 10:00 ET/ 3:00 BST) REGISTER HERE
- July 9th (60 min): 10:00 MT (9:00 PT/ 11:00 CT/ 12:00 ET) REGISTER HERE
Traditionally, performance conversations are conducted as a means to determining salary increases. According to Harvard Business Review, performance reviews that are tied to compensation work against cooperative problem solving, discourages straight talk, and too easily becomes politicized. The new era of performance conversations challenges managers to discuss performance, goals, achievements, and gaps without the looming pressure of also discussing salary. Learn about the new era of performance conversations and how Bridge support productive and impactful performance conversations.
Employee Driven Career Plans
- July 23rd (60 min): 8:00 MT (9:00 CT/ 10:00 ET/ 3:00 BST) REGISTER HERE
- July 23rd (60 min): 10:00 MT (9:00 PT/ 11:00 CT/ 12:00 ET) REGISTER HERE
The Career Drivers exercise helps employees identify what drives and motivates them. This information is invaluable for engagement and gives managers insight into an employee's happiness, satisfaction, and productivity in their current role. In this webinar, managers will see the benefits of exposing their employees to the Career Drivers and other employee driven career sections of Bridge as well as best practices surrounding career conversations with employees. The use of the Career Planning feature will increase employee engagement and the manager/employee connection.
Purposeful Goal Setting
- August 6th (60 min): 8:00 MT (9:00 CT/ 10:00 ET/ 3:00 BST) REGISTER HERE
- August 6th (60 min): 10:00 MT (9:00 PT/ 11:00 CT/ 12:00 ET) REGISTER HERE
Only 44% of employees strongly agree that they can see how their work goals connect to the organization’s overall goals. Further, 30% of employees strongly agree that their manager involves them in setting their goals at work. Those who strongly agree with this statement are 3.6 times more likely to be engaged, committed, enthusiastic and involved. This webinar will help managers understand how to better engage their employees by helping them set purposeful goals using Bridge.
Developing Engaged Employees
- August 20th (60 min): 8:00 MT (9:00 CT/ 10:00 ET/ 3:00 BST) REGISTER HERE
- August 20th (60 min): 10:00 MT (9:00 PT/ 11:00 CT/ 12:00 ET) REGISTER HERE
Throughout the Bridge Academy for Managers series, Gallup's list of 12 employee engagement questions has been referenced. In this interactive webinar, we will deep dive into the engagement topics you most need help with as a manager. Perhaps you want to know what you can do to clarify expectations or what steps to take to encourage development for your direct reports- let us know and we'll give you industry best practices to follow and tips for using Bridge to support your efforts!
Preview: From Manager to Coach (a new BAM series)
September 3rd (60 min): 8:00 MT (9:00 CT/ 10:00 ET/ 3:00 BST) REGISTER HERE
- September 3rd (60 min): 10:00 MT (9:00 PT/ 11:00 CT/ 12:00 ET) REGISTER HERE
Welcome to a new series from Bridge Academy for Managers. Join us for a preview of our BAM graduate level series focusing on the manager as coach. Everybody needs a coach and who better to coach the team than the manager. Strap in, because we're going to be challenging some paradigms and shifting a lot of expectations about the manager's role. Join us! Then, if you're up to the challenge, join us at a new time for the full series.