The Bridge Academy for Managers is a free webinar series designed to share employee development and people management best practices with supervisors while simultaneously highlighting features within Bridge. These webinars are hosted live every two weeks, are open to all Bridge users.
We encourage you to follow along in your own Bridge site during these trainings. Before joining in, check the following:
- Watch the five minute Bridge Overview for Managers video HERE
- Log in to Bridge to ensure access is permitted
- Confirm that the “My Team” avatar shows in the application switcher (this ensures that a manager relationship is set).*
*If you are a manager and do not see this, please contact your Bridge Admin.
SCHEDULE & AGENDAS:
Check back on this blog regularly to see updated dates for next sessions!
The New Era of Performance Conversations
- September 17th (60 min): 8:00 MT (9:00 CT/ 10:00 ET/ 3:00 BST) REGISTER HERE
- September 17th (60 min): 10:00 MT (9:00 PT/ 11:00 CT/ 12:00 ET) REGISTER HERE
Traditionally, performance conversations are conducted as a means to determining salary increases. According to Harvard Business Review, performance reviews that are tied to compensation work against cooperative problem solving, discourages straight talk, and too easily becomes politicized. The new era of performance conversations challenges managers to discuss performance, goals, achievements, and gaps without the looming pressure of also discussing salary. Learn about the new era of performance conversations and how Bridge support productive and impactful performance conversations.
Employee Driven Career Plans - Cancelled
- October 1 (60 min): 8:00 MT (9:00 CT/ 10:00 ET/ 3:00 BST) REGISTER HERE
- October 1 (60 min): 10:00 MT (9:00 PT/ 11:00 CT/ 12:00 ET) REGISTER HERE
The Career Drivers exercise helps employees identify what drives and motivates them. This information is invaluable for engagement and gives managers insight into an employee's happiness, satisfaction, and productivity in their current role. In this webinar, managers will see the benefits of exposing their employees to the Career Drivers and other employee driven career sections of Bridge as well as best practices surrounding career conversations with employees. The use of the Career Planning feature will increase employee engagement and the manager/employee connection.
Love Monday Just Like Friday but for a Different Reason
- October 15 (60 min): 8:00 MT (9:00 CT/ 10:00 ET/ 3:00 BST) REGISTER HERE
- October 15 (60 min): 10:00 MT (9:00 PT/ 11:00 CT/ 12:00 ET) REGISTER HERE
In the U.S. about 70% of people with jobs HATE Monday. Across the world, it's even more bleak. The good news is that as much as 30% of people LOVE Monday. In this session for managers we're going to talk about how you, as a manager of people, can start to love Monday just like Friday and how you can help your people do the same.