We wanted to optimize the experience for Employees and Managers with the new navigation. We heard your feedback that the current navigation is not the most intuitive or efficient. In our research and testing, a “Person-first” model surfaced as the most intuitive way for users to navigate, so you will see “Me, Team, and Company” as the primary navigation menus. Visually, the navigation bar will be moving from a horizontal orientation to a left side, vertical orientation. Here are some of the other changes you will see:
- Fewer clicks to move between screens. We got rid of the “application switcher” so now Team, Author, Insights, and Admin are one click away, always all persisted in the Primary navigation.
- Persisted “Where Am I” indicator. We’ve added visual indicators in the navigation so that you always know where you are in the application and have greater discoverability of related features.
- Feature names are clearer and self-explanatory. A few features have been renamed to be more self-evident and less jargon-y. In usability tests, they performed better with users who were not given any prior explanation. (Please see the FAQ for a list of the specific changes.)
- A Person-centric information architecture. We’ve reorganized some of the features in Bridge to be person-centric. You’ll notice the Connect directory profile is now integrated and features are associated with a person or group of people. Over time, we’ll be connecting features like Insights reporting to be more contextual and accessible from the areas it’s pertaining to.
What to expect next
Starting April 16, select customer partners will participate in an early release of the new navigation. The purpose of the Global Navigation Beta is to gain confidence in user acceptance of the new navigation, identify any major gaps with time to address before a wider launch, and learn how best to rollout Global Nav at scale. During the month, we will be engaging with Bridge Admins and reviewing each and every piece of feedback that end users can submit in-app. The Bridge team is planning to roll out the new and revamped Global Navigation to all customers in June 2020.
It is important to us that our customers feel informed and in control of this change. We will send Bridge Admins email communications as well as a press kit to make it easy to craft custom communications and training materials. Additionally, our Client Success Team will be available to support customers through the change.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How can I stay updated on the progress of the rollout?
In the Help & Resources panel of the new navigation, you can click on the Learn More link for the latest information and progress we’re making. Your Bridge Customer Success team is also always available for any specific questions you may have.
- When will my instance receive the new navigation?
As a Beta customer, you have early access and will see the new navigation on April 16 (unless you’ve made special arrangements with your Client Success Manager). We will start rolling out the new navigation to all customers in June.
- Can I get the new navigation turned on in my sandbox account for additional testing?
Absolutely. Please contact your Customer Success Manager and they can make arrangements.
- What features are being renamed?
Four features are being renamed as part of this change:
- Assessments are now Feedback
- Timeline is now History
- Career Development Plan is now Skill Plan
- Everest is now Career Vision